The 2017 Leadership Mason Conference is a one-day program focusing on leadership skill development through large group and small workshop formats. Students enhance the leadership skills they already have while gaining new skills that will be beneficial both now and in the future. This year’s theme is Leadership YOUnited. This conference is for ALL students who are interested in learning and discovering how they can serve as vessels for positive social change in their own lives and the lives of others.
This year’s conference will allow for students to enhance and build upon their personal leadership skills and presence. Students will have an opportunity to engage with one another in a thought-provoking, interactive learning environment that will challenge students to think critically around various aspects of the social change model as it connects directly to ethical leadership, student activism, resiliency, purpose, inclusion and equity, and self-care. Students will have a chance to select from a variety of breakout sessions that will focus specifically on areas of ethical leadership, understanding one’s own personal narrative and values, student advocacy, engagement, as well as systematic structures and policies that exist that impact student resiliency and well-being.
As a result of participating in the 2017 Leadership Mason Conference, participants will be able to:
- Engage with conference participants in discussions around ethical leadership, student activism, resiliency, purpose, inclusion and equity, and self-care.
- Identify at least one new relationship that they established while participating in the conference
- Describe at least one way that can promote positive social change
- Identify two or more components of the social change model and how it connects directly to leadership, student activism, resiliency, and purpose
- Recognize allyship and develop skills toward advocacy for others